Sunday 28 February 2010

Mireia's sixth letter

Dear students,

How are you? I was really happy to read your letter! It made me almost cry…I miss you a lot, but remember that in a few days I will be there and come back to school with you. You are also the best students in the world! ;) So, Carme’s tummy is getting bigger and bigger? That’s great!


I tell you about my life here: I changed the school. Now I am going to a school situated in a “red neighborhood”, it means that there is a lot of prostitution there, and the children sometimes have no opportunities to study and they are analphabet.

So, this school tries to help them. It works as an orphanage where they can live: sleep, play, study…There is a roof called “rainbow” where they can study with the help of volunteers and teachers from the same school who go up there and teach them some hours par day. And that is what I have been doing: playing games with them, teaching them the letters of the alphabet…It is a really nice experience.

Here you can see the pictures:



But I am really sad because I know I will miss them a lot, as I am also missing now the students I had before in the other school: Loreto Entally. I have met a lot of people, nice people, with whom I have spent the afternoons visiting places, walking through the streets, talking...so I know I will miss everything a lot. But I am also looking forward to seeing you!

I went to Varanasi, a city on the north, where they burn the dead bodies, according to the Hindu culture. Some people cannot be burnt and some others have less privilege when they die, so every funeral is different. It is hard to observe it. After the body is burnt they throw it into their sacred river: The Ganges.

Here you can see some pictures of this particular place:



I hope to see you soon, I miss you very much!


Kisses,


Mireia

8 comments:

  1. Hola Mireia com estas jo estic molt be,estic molt contenta perque mandit que en aquest mes tornes.

    Fatima

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mireia!!!!!!!!!!! I'm Maria
    Tinc moltes ganes de veuret. Esperu que vinguis molt aviat.

    Kisses,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mireia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Soc la Mireia
    Com estas?
    Tinc unes ganes que tornis et trobo molt i molt a faltar
    Ahir vam fer un mercat de menjar ens ho vam pasar molt bé!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    adeu,
    KIsses,
    Mireia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Mireia!!! I'm Júlia, I'm very well, and you? I miss you more, but I hope to see you soon.


    Bye,Júlia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola Mirreia que tal com estas? Jo estic molt be
    Jo ja tesperot com si tornesis dema adeu Marina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola Mireia tot va molt bé pero bolem que tornis. ja no es lo mateix sense tu adeu

    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello mireia i'am judit i'am beri happi and you...

    et trobem a faltar vina lo mes rapit posible

    ReplyDelete
  8. HELOO MIREIA!! I'M JÚLIA, HOW ARE YOU? I AM VERY GOOD, BUT I MISS YOU A LOT, I LIKE SEE YOU SOON.

    BYE, KISSES,

    JÚLIA

    ReplyDelete